Library Day is on Thursday. Please help your child remember to bring back his/her books each Thursday.
Homework is due on Friday.
Welcome to Third Grade at
Think Twice - Be Nice!
We work diligently on being kind to one another. We try to fill each
other's buckets during the day.
Mrs. Kelley's homeroom class has Language Arts and Social Studies in the morning until specials and then moves to Mrs. Boren's class for Math and Science after specials.
Mrs. Boren's homeroom class has Math and Science in the morning until specials and then moves to Mrs. Kelley's class for Language Arts and Social Studies after specials.
If you need to change transportation for the day you may:
* send a note or
* call the school.
* Please send a note to school following your child's absence explaining why he/she missed class. Thank you!
We will be working on reading fluency in Third Grade. Students will be practicing their fluency (read aloud) weekly.
Each time a student reads aloud we are trying to improve in these areas:
1. Comprehension (understanding)
2. Accuracy (reading words exactly as printed)
3. Pacing (rate of
reading sounding natural)
4. Punctuation (pay attention to punctuation and bold text)
5. Expression (don't sound like a robot)
This article explains fluency:
Reading is IMPORTANT!
- What are reading genres?
- This article will explain the genres students read in Third grade.
We work on many strategies and skills to help us become better readers. Students may access
user name: oreowls
Videos to review:
Cause and Effect
Please be sure to send your child's lunch each day and/or ensure he or she has money in their lunch account. Information can be found here: